The DEHOGA Energiekampagne (DEHOGA energy and climate mitigation campaign) is the German Hotel and Restaurant Association's awareness campaign focussed on improving energy efficiency in the hospitality industry. Other issues include regional procurement and sustainable mobility. Building on DEHOGA's energy and environment plan, this campaign is aimed at the structures and members of the association, and is being coordinated and chiefly implemented by adelphi.
The campaign will be highlighted in the Federal Government's National Action Plan on Energy Efficiency (NAPE), in which it serves as an example of best practice for industry-based approaches towards energy efficiency awareness and sensitivity.
The industry campaign provides information for hoteliers and restaurateurs through numerous channels, e.g.:
- Comprehensive literature and practical tips on the campaign's internet portal
- Intuitive learning through a virtual building (in development)
- Guides on energy efficiency, regional procurement and sustainable mobility
- On-site energy advice through energy consulting partnerships within DEHOGA's regional associations
- Exchanging experiences between hotels and restaurants in DEHOGA's energy efficiency networks
- Creating additional incentives though the DEHOGA-Umweltcheck (Environment Check), carried out by viabono
- 20 workshops in rural areas on energy efficiency and regional procurement
- Open source management solutions on regional trade for regional initiatives (in development)
The DEHOGA energy and climate mitigation campaign is in cooperation with numerous other projects from the National Climate Initiative (NKI). it is also a partner of the German Energy Agency's (dena) pilot project "Check-in-Energieeffizienz" (“Check-in Energy Efficiency”). Furthermore, the energy consulting partnerships use the programs "Energieberatung im Mittelstand" (“Energy consulting for medium-sized enterprises”) and "Energieeffiziente Querschnittstechniken" (“Energy-efficient interdisciplinary technologies”) of the Federal Office for Economic Affairs and Export Control (BAFA).