Pardo, Adara; Víctor Rolo, Elena D.Concepción, Mario Díaz, Yanka Kazakova, Vyara Stefanova, Katrina Marsden, Katharina Brandt, Marion Jay, Stephan Piskol, Rainer Oppermann, Antonia Schraml and Gerardo Moreno 2020: To what extent does the European common agricultural policy affect key landscape determinants of biodiversity?. In: Environmental Science & Policy, Volume 114, 595-605.
The paper has the following focus:
- Green and Blue Infrastructure (GBI) occurrence and change over time is quantified.
- We cover different farming systems in Southwest, Central and Southeast Europe.
- CAP is not actively encouraging the establishment of new biodiversity-fostering GBI.
- GBI most valuable for biodiversity like grasslands have significantly decreased.
- Farmers’ perception of GBI seems driven by production management decisions