From conflict prevention to human rights protection – companies are vital for the success of the 2030 Agenda and foreign policy alike. But progress on SDG implementation in the business world is at a turning point. Foreign policy can and must play a decisive role by building a robust knowledge base, making use of economic diplomacy instruments and bringing trade and foreign direct investment in line with the SDGs.
adelphi's volume "Driving Transformative Change:Foreign Affairs and the 2030 Agenda", comprised by 6 provocative essays, explores what contributions foreign policy can make on the road to achieving sustainable ways of life and provide guidance by pointing out entry points, priorities and trade-offs. They aim to inspire actors around the world to work together to initiate and boost the necessary changes and keep winning over new like-minded partners.
More essays from the series
- Leadership for the SDGs: Why foreign policy must recharge multilateral cooperation now
- Beyond 16: The SDGs and the opportunity to build a more peaceful world
- Beware the politics: Leveraging Foreign Policy for SDG Implementation
- Managing the trade-offs of transformation through foreign policy
- Worth Every Cent: Smarter Approaches to Addressing Fragility